FREE event – Saturday 17 August 2019 - 10am to 5pm
Celebrate the wonders of science and technology with Queensland Museum and BHP as they return with a new and exciting format for National Science Week.
This FREE community day is spread across indoor and outdoor zones of fun where inquisitive minds will unearth drones, robotics, megafauna, fossils, virtual reality and more.
Chat to Museum experts and BHP geologists about the amazing discoveries from right here in central Queensland.
Delve into an exciting array of interactive demonstrations, hands-on workshops, exhibition and expert talks.
This is a great day of exploration for the whole family
- Be a fossil finder and help Queensland Museum experts look for evidence of long gone creatures.
- Join a STEM Punks workshop; learn coding for drones and create virtual and augmented reality applications.
- Explore the history of central Queensland megafauna.
- Meet Pepper the Robot and catch a live demonstration.
- Play STEM Galaxy’s Go Extinct! game and learn about extinct animals and evolution.
- Join Young Engineers Brisbane’s LEGO® robotics workshop.
- Create palaeontology origami to take home.
- Be inspired by ‘The Life of a scientist’ talks.
- Learn about geology and how volcanoes work with Active Earth Loans kits.
- Meet our roving singing Palaeontologist Dr Flint.
Plus more arts, science and technology activities organised by local and national partners.
Great for all ages and entry is free.