Mackay Region Christmas Celebrations
From Sarina Range to Eungella, Bloomsbury to Koumala and everywhere in between, council’s Christmas grants are doling out lashings of festive cheer across the region.
The grants have given our community’s festive celebrations a $10,000 boost, with 14 community groups receiving up to $750 in festive funding.
This year’s grants were spread between Christmas carols, community gatherings and charitable organisations.
For your convenience, we have included a list of council-supported Christmas celebrations below to help you choose an event that appeals to you. Details have been provided by the individual organisers and may change. We will endeavour to keep them updated as regularly as possible.
- 4MK Carols in the City
Bluewater Quay, Saturday, December 1, carols from 6.30pm. The event features many talented community musicians and singers who will ring out festive cheer with popular carols and favourite Christmas songs. The Adani Christmas Markets and Kids Zone will be open to the public from 3pm, with free kid’s activities, plenty of food and Christmas gifts for the whole family.
- Koumala Progress Association and Koumala State School P&C Association’s Christmas Fair
Koumala Gymkhana Grounds, December 1, from 4pm.
- Midge Point Progress Association’s family-friendly Christmas celebration
Beach foreshore, Nielsen Parade, December 2
- Finch Hatton Community Christmas Party
Finch Hatton business district, December 5 (TBC)
- Calen and District War Memorial Hall Association’s Calen Community Christmas Party
11 McIntyre Street, Calen, December 8, from 5pm to 10pm
- Rotary Club of Pioneer Valley’s Pioneer Valley Rotary Christmas Fair
Railway Park, Mirani, December 8, 4pm to 9pm
- The Smith Family’s Christmas party for scholarship students and their family
Smith Family Office, December 9
- Mackay Community Lutheran Church’s interactive Bethlehem experience for children and families
Corner of Wellington and Alfred Streets Mackay, December 9, from 5.30pm to 8pm
- Eungella Community Development Association’s Christmas Barbecue
Eungella Community Hall (North Street), December 14
- Bloomsbury Soldiers' Memorial Hall Association’s Community Christmas Party
The Memorial Hall on December 15, 5pm to 9pm
- The Inter-Church Council of Sarina’s Community Carols Night
Bob Wood Memorial Hall, December 15, from 5pm to 7pm
- Sarina Range Community Association’s Community Christmas Gathering
Sarina Range CWA Hall, December 15, 4pm to 10pm
- YIRS One Stop Youth Shop’s Christmas Lunch for disadvantaged and disengaged youth
72 Victoria Street Mackay, December 19
- Sarina Surf Lifesaving Club’s Carols by Candlelight at the Beach
Sarina Beach, December 22, 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Habana & Districts Progress Association’s Carols Under the Stars
1091 Mackay-Habana Road, December 22, 7pm to 9.30pm
Christmas Get Together
We believe that the festive season is a very special time of the year; however the festive season can be very tough for anyone who does not have a place to go or family and friends nearby. So please come and join us for a Christmas Get Together.
- ADRA Australia - Meal time on Milton
ADRA Op Shop Car Park - 83 Milton Street, Monday, December 17, 6pm
RSVP: text your name to 0411 795 318 by 10am December 9
- Christmas Day: Roshni Indian Restaurant, serving a traditional English hot lunch
164 Victoria Street, noon to 2pm
- Boxing Day: Mackay and District Holden Club BBQ breakfast
Bluewater Lagoon BBQ area near the children's covered area, 7am to 11am
- Small hamper provided
CASA office cnr Gregory & Alfred Streets, Thursday, December 27, 10am to 12.30pm