Careers at council
Why work at council
Mackay Regional Council is an exciting organisation providing a number of vacancies over a diverse range of accountabilities. The region boasts a vibrant economy offering an idyllic lifestyle on the Central Queensland coast, from picturesque beaches, nearby island resorts to beautiful rainforests. The region has a great climate coupled with good quality education and health facilities...
Enjoy a lifestyle change today!
Council provides competitive remuneration packages including attractive salary, hours, employee benefits and training and development opportunities. Relocation assistance may also be available for some positions.
Council encourages and provides assistance to its employees to maintain a work/life balance:
- Generous leave:
- Flexible working arrangements(ie Nine day fortnight in applicable areas)
- Up to five (5) weeks annual leave
- 17.5% leave loading
- Up to six (6) weeks paid maternity leave
- Paternity leave
- Personal leave (such as sick, carers leave etc.)
- Long service leave
- 12% employer contribution superannuation - LGIAsuper is our default super fund
- Study and assistance programs for career development
- Learning and development opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performance at work, offering discounts at selected businesses in the region, within the state and across the nation
- Active social clubs
For a secure, satisfying career opportunity coupled with a relaxed lifestyle, Mackay Regional Council is the place to be.
Mackay Regional Council's preferred sponsorship option for international candidates is a Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457). This visa allows international employees to work within Australia for four years.
For information on visa types and conditions visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
Knowing and understanding Australian customs and laws will help new residents to Australia to settle in the region and the community. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship website provides information about living in Australia.
Settling in Mackay
For more information on settling In Mackay, including a Welcome to Mackay booklet, the contacts of local English Language services, migration agents and more click here.
The Australian Government's 'Beginning a Life in Australia' booklet welcomes newly-arrived migrants and humanitarian entrants to Australia. It provides useful national, state/territory and local settlement information for migrants, humanitarian entrants, their sponsors and service providers. This information is available to download in English and 37 languages.